First-time authors often find the idea of publishing quite daunting, and understandably so with so much contradictory information available on the subject. We thought we’d help to make the experience less stressful by inviting any author who’s already published a book to share the experience with our readers.
Everyone’s experience is different, and there are many variables that can make for a nightmarish or heavenly publishing experience, just one of which is where you publish.
Email us your experience and we’ll share it as a blog post and give you some free exposure for your book/s as a small thank you for your willingness to help new authors have a more pleasant experience.
Please send us your story in an MS Word document and include the following information:
* Where you published (if you published with more than one publisher, please mention all of them).
* When you published your first book.
* A brief explanation of your experience. E.G: Was it easy to publish? What was the process? What are the pros and cons to publishing with your publisher/distributor? What was your favourite part of the process? Was there anything that annoyed you or made publishing difficult? What have you done to market your books?
* Any advice you’d give to other authors – was there anything you wish you had known at the time, and was there anything you would have done different in hindsight?
* Any other related information you think new authors will benefit from.
* A link to your purchase page, author website and Twitter/Facebook accounts.
* A short biography.
* Your author picture if you’re willing to share it.
We reserve the right to edit your submission for grammatical and spelling errors and to change your spelling to UK English if you don’t already use that version. We might also edit submissions to make them more concise, though we won’t alter the actual content.
We look forward to hearing from you and sharing your story!